This recipe is an appetizer and good for white rice as accompaniment.
Pork’s parts of your choice:
• ear (preferred)
• nape or batok in Filipino (preferred)
• small intestine
Onion; thinly sliced
Salt and pepper
Calamansi or lemon juice or vinegar
Pig's brain; boiled
1) Parboil pig's parts. Strain and broil or grill.
2) Slice into 1” long by 1/4” thick (or your desired sizes), then place in a large bowl.
3) Mix the slices of onion and boiled brain. Balance seasoning with calamansi juice, salt and pepper according to taste.
• If pork's brain is not enough or not available, you may use mayonnaise as a substitute.
• Boil the brain in vinegar and same vinegar that you will use in the recipe.
For better result, marinate meat in soy sauce and calamansi before grilling. Also, better to choose pork's part with less fat.