An all-time favorite in the Philippines wherein, different ingredients and cooking methods are being used for its flavors.
3 large dungeness crabs or any crabs will do, steamed
2 cans coconut milk
1 big jalapeno, chopped
5 pieces red chili (according to spiciness), chopped
1 ginger, sliced thinly
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tsp garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
Vegetables: squash, string-beans or young jackfruit
1. In a wok saute onion, garlic and ginger.
2. Add the red chili and jalapeno.
3. Then add the coconut milk. Bring to a boil.
4. Add salt to taste.
5. Cut the crabs in halves. Put the crabs in the wok.
6. Scoop sauce from the wok and pour on the crab. Add vegetables. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
7. Serve hot with steamed rice.