Photo Source: "Food Photography_82709 by Joel's Luminosity, on Flickr">
An easy way to prepare food in advance for family gatherings or celebrations. Garnish with gravy or sauce of your choice.
• 1 kilo beef, sliced 1/4 inch thick (3 pcs.)
• 1/4 kilo ground beef liver
• 200 grams sliced sausages or ham
• 200 grams pork fat (cut is strips)
• 3 hard boiled eggs, sliced
• 100 grams cheddar cheese in strips
• 100 grams grated cheddar cheese
• 2 onions, chopped
• 5 bay leaf (laurel)
• 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
• 1/2 cup vinegar
• 2 teaspoon salt
• 2 cups of water
• 2 meters thread or string (for tying)
• Spread and stretch the sliced beef on your working table.
• Arrange the filling on the sliced beef: sausage strips, cheese strips, sliced eggs, pork fat and some ground liver.
• Roll the sliced beef with all the filling inside and secure with a thread or string.
• Repeat the procedure for the two remaining beef slices.
• On a pot, place the beef rolls and put the water, the remaining ground liver, grated cheese, chopped onions, bay leaves, ground black pepper and salt.
• Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for one hour.
• Add the vinegar and continue to simmer of another hour or until beef is tender.
• Slice the beef morcon, arrange on a platter and top with the sauce/ gravy poured on top.
• A spoon or two of flour can be added to water to thicken the sauce.
• Instead of boiling in a pot, you can use a pressure cooker for faster cooking.
• Optional: Garnish with olives before serving.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: A freelance writer who meticulously structured and maintained blogs just for you:A LIFE SO FAR AWAYand my other blog:OFW: THIS IS MY LIFE AND STORY Thank you for your valuable time. Follow my business & writings and you'll find what life's meant to be.