Photo Source: "Callos a la Madrileña by jlastras, on Flickr">
Callos had originated from Spain and it is one of the loved dishes in the Philippines. A slow cooked stew that is made out of beef tripe cooked with chick peas, tomatoes, paprika and Chorizo. You can add your own ideas in cooking this dish.
400g Ox Tripe, cleaned and cut into 1.5 x .5 in strips
400g Pork Leg meat, cubed
2 pcs chorizo, sliced
1 whole garlic, minced
1 whole red onion, chopped
1 tsp ground pepper
3 pcs bay leaf
1 1/2 cups chick peas, cooked
2 red capsicums, cubed
1/2 cup Tomato Paste
4 pcs tomatoes, diced
5 cups of beef stock
3 tbsp soy sauce
1. In a pot sauté garlic and onions in olive oil, cook until garlic is golden brown.
2. Add tomatoes, tripe and stir fry then add 4 cups of beef stock. Bring to a boil and slowly simmer for 1.5 hrs., add more beef stock if necessary.
3. Add the pork, chorizo, tomato paste, bay leaf, chickpeas, soy sauce and simmer for 45 more minutes.
4. Finally add capsicums and flavor with fish sauce and simmer for 25 minutes.
5. Serve and top with fried garlic.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: A freelance writer who meticulously structured and maintained blogs just for you:A LIFE SO FAR AWAYand my other blog:OFW: THIS IS MY LIFE AND STORY Thank you for your valuable time. Follow my business & writings and you'll find what life's meant to be.